- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken thigh
A delicious and succulent chicken dish. Feel free to stuff the chicken with any filling you prefer.
28 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 6 pieces
- 6 large chicken thigh fillets
- 6 rashers bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh sage, thyme and basil to taste
- salt and pepper
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Lay chicken thighs skin side down on a board. Using a meat mallet, gently pound chicken.
- Chop fresh herbs and garlic and liberally sprinkle onto chicken.
- Roll chicken thighs up and wrap with a rasher of bacon.
- Secure with a cocktail stick and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (2)
I was looking for something different for dinner tonight and this was well received. I used garlic, parsley and oregano inside. Beautiful! Next time I will add a blob of butter on the inside before rolling up for extra moistness. I removed the lid for crisping up at the end and spooned the juices over the top. Served with corn cobs and salad.-09 Feb 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I stuffed the rolled chicken with julienned sticks of butternut and oregano, marjoram and salt. It was delicious, and my family devoured them all. Not bad for a bunch of butternut haters ;-)-18 Nov 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)