- Dish type
- Seafood starters
These disappear the minute they get set down on the table! These make great party nibbles - just double or triple the quantity depending on how many guests you have.
190 people made this
- 175g (6 oz) melted butter, divided
- 450g (1 lb) mushrooms, stems removed
- 30g (1 oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 100g (4 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
- 175g (6 oz) crab meat, drained
- 450g (1 lb) lobster tail, cleaned and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Brush a large baking tray with about 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer on the baking tray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, remaining butter, grated cheese, crab meat, lobster and garlic. Spoon into mushroom caps where the stems used to be.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Serve hot!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(176)
Reviews in English (136)
Simple to make and very tasty.-08 Oct 2012
Very simple to make, but absolutely lovely. Like berncav worked just as well without the lobster.-30 Nov 2013
Only had crab but it worked fine when tried it on toast before carrying on to mushrooms ,needed a little sprinkle of salt added after cooking. Very yummy delicate flavour.-10 Nov 2013