- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
A delicious, Indian-inspired, vegetarian-friendly potato dish. Serve with rice and vegetable curry.
95 people made this
- 6 large potatoes, diced
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam marsala
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 fresh chilli or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250ml water
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook until 75% done, about 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Saute garlic, onion and pepper until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir-fry the garam masala, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, mustard powder and fresh chilli for 2 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons water to make a paste.
- To the spice paste, add chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add potatoes, onions and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 125ml water and let cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir well and add more water as necessary. Serve with fresh coriander.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (9)
Been looking for ways to make potatoes interesting. Found it at last. Full of flavour. Delicious. It didn't object to being allowed to cool and then reheating. Will be using again-06 Jul 2014
A bit too spicy for my family but nice for me-03 Feb 2017
Ive been searching for a spot on recipe and believe me when i say. This is it-26 Jan 2017