- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
These wonderful treats are perfect for the kids (or the kid in you). Shop-bought biscuits are used to sandwich a vanilla and chocolate ice cream.
3 people made this
- 500ml whipping cream
- 1 (397g) tin condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (34g) bars Flake chocolate, crushed
- 750g malt biscuits, such as malted milk
MethodPrep:45min ›Extra time:2hr freezing › Ready in:2hr45min
- In large chilled bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the condensed milk and vanilla, then the crushed chocolate.
- Layer some biscuits, face down, on the bottom of a baking dish or on a baking tray (make sure the container fits in your freezer).
- Using either a spoon or a piping bag, scoop or pipe some of the creamy mixture onto the biscuits, how thick you want it is up to you. If using a piping bag, make sure the opening is large enough for the crushed chocolate to fit through.
- Place biscuits face up onto the cream (try to align the biscuits).
- Cover with a piece of baking parchment and start again with a new layer of sandwiches, starting with face down biscuits (as above).
- Build up as many layers of sandwiches as you can/want using baking parchment between each layer. The parchment is not essential, but makes separating the sandwiches a little bit easier.
- The thickness of your creamy mixture will determine how many biscuits you will actually need.
- Place in the freezer until frozen (this can take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours).
- When sandwiches are frozen, wrap in cling film or in a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
We really liked this recipe and couldn't find a similar on this site so I had to share it! It is not overly difficult to prepare, just a bit messy and requires a wee bit of attention!-14 Jan 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Great site France. You can use any chocolate that does not have a caramel layer. In my experience I have found it to hard to crush and the caramel is not nice when frozen. Crunchie and Violet Crumble are my favourites.-18 Jan 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)