- Dish type
- Side dish
This is a great way of making use of any leftover rice. Totally easy and so delicious.
19 people made this
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 (410g) tin baby sweetcorn, drained
- 75g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 150g frozen peas
- 475g cooked rice, cold
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat oiled pan over low heat and pour in beaten eggs. Wait for eggs to set, then gently roll eggs onto itself. Remove from pan and thinly slice the egg roll. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Add garlic, onion, carrots, baby sweetcorn and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and peas; stir-fry until just cooked. Stir in rice.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and chilli sauce together. Pour into rice mixture and stir to coat.
- Serve topped with sliced egg roll.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (5)
Tasty! I subbed orange pepper instead of green. Very nice for a meatless meal.-07 Feb 2015
You don't tell young cooks when to add the rice. I know but please make sure you make the instructions clear for our younger cooks that are having a go.-12 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
so when do you add the rice? You need to tell people who are learner cook's these things. I know but they don't-12 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)