- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
These are the perfect snack to grab on the go. Feel free to add nuts or dried fruit to the mix, if desired.
2 people made this
- 90g unsalted butter
- 65g raw cane sugar (or caster sugar)
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 4 cupfuls breakfast cereal
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Melt butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over a low heat until frothy.
- Add cereal and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into muffin tins lined with baking paper or paper cases.
- Bake at 150 C / Gas 2 for 10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Brilliant: I've been looking for something as simple as this for ages, because my wife and I run a B&B here in southern France, and we always have some breakfast cereals left over at the end of the season.I used maple syrup instead of honey and halved the amount of sugar, because the cereals I had were a French version of sugar puffs or honey puffs. I also added some chopped candied peel, a few hazelnuts, which I toasted and chopped, and some sultanas. It was a great "get rid of the leftovers" session.Mixed everything together, then I spooned the mix into muffin/cupcake baking tray (I've got a couple of the silicon ones so didn't even have to line the tins) and baked them. I used a slightly higher temperature (160C) and cooked for longer (about 20 minutes). Once cooled they are a lovely sticky, tasty treat.-20 Feb 2017