- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
A quick and easy recipe with wonderful results. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
20 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 24 cookies
- 300g butter, softened
- 275g dark brown soft sugar
- 130g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 300g chocolate chips
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2.
- Place butter, dark brown soft sugar, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the batter into piles, well apart on greased baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Chocolate chip cookie video
Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(14)
Reviews in English (2)
Perfect! Chewy middle without being too soft, this is the cookie recipe I've been looking for! The whole office was raving about them (even the american who's very particular). Can't wait to try a double chocolate version, with nuts, etc. Thanks for sharing!-17 Jul 2013
These were really wonderful cookies! They looked like something you'd buy at a bakery- and tasted as good too! I used half semi sweet chocolate chips and half white chocolate(I didn't have enough semi sweet) no other changes made and they were perfect!-03 Jun 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)