- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Berry desserts
- Strawberry desserts
A crisp and sweet meringue base is topped with whipped cream, strawberries and kiwi fruit. The red and green colours of the fruit make this a perfect Christmas dessert.
4 people made this
- 4 large egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 300ml cream
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled, sliced and chilled
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced and chilled
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:3hr50min ›Ready in:4hr10min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- To make the meringue: Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, mixing with a spoon. Spoon meringue onto baking tray to form a 20cm circle. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Switch off oven and leave in oven for an additional 2 1/2 hours to dry out.
- To make the topping: Meanwhile, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Chill.
- To assemble: Spread whipped cream all over the surface of the meringue. Top with strawberries and kiwi fruit. Dust with icing sugar and serve.