- Dish type
- Iced tea
A simple, but refreshing drink that's perfect for the warm summer months. Feel free to use other concentrated fruit flavourings instead of limes, if desired.
Be the first to make this!
- 4 tablespoons loose leaf jasmine green tea (or 3 tea bags)
- 1.5 litre boiling water
- 4 tablespoons white or dark brown soft sugar
- 2 limes (or 2 small lemons), zested and juiced
- ice cubes to serve
MethodPrep:35min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr40min
- Place zest and sugar into a saucepan. Add boiling water. Heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add tea in a metal strainer. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Add the juice and stir to combine. Strain mixture into glass jugs. Cool to room temperature and chill until cold. Serve with ice.