- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
This quiche makes a very easy Sunday night dinner and uses ingredients most of us have in the cupboard. Serve with chips or a green salad.
14 people made this
- oil for greasing
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4-5 rashers bacon, diced
- 6 eggs
- 125-180ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 100g frozen or tinned sweetcorn kernals
- 90g grated cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Oil the bottom and sides of a 20cm pie dish.
- Line the base and sides of the pie dish with the puff pastry, cutting around edges as required. Use a fork to prick the pastry on the base, being careful not to go all the way to the bottom.
- Put a little oil into a frying pan and fry off the onions until soft. Remove onions from pan and put into a bowl to cool a little.
- Place diced bacon into the same pan and fry off a little. Remove and place in bowl to cool.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Scatter the onion evenly over the base of the pastry case. Top the onion with the sweetcorn. Sprinkle the diced bacon evenly over the top. Top with the grated cheese. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Place into oven for 30-45 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is cooked. Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
Do you not need to blind bake the pastry?-29 Nov 2014