These deep fried prawns are highly addictive. Enjoy!
170 people made this
- oil, for deep-frying
- 125g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 500g prawns, head removed
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Heat deep-fryer to 180-190 C.
- In a bowl, mix flour, chilli powder and salt together.
- Coat prawns with flour mixture and deep-fry in batches; cook for a minute or two until they are nice and crispy. Remove excess oil by draining in kitchen paper. Serve warm, with lemon wedges on the side.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
Made these last night as I wanted to do something different with a pack of prawns, and they were great! Very quick and easy to cook (I shallow fried as I don't have a deep fat fryer), and they were delicious-02 Nov 2011
Made this due to having some prawns which needed eating. Delicious with a green leaf salad and a glass of wine!-15 May 2013
Tried this recipe tonight, family loved it-23 Feb 2016