We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This is a simple creamy pasta dish that is extremely tasty. For a bit of a kick, try adding a couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce!
4 people made this
- 250g pasta of your choice
- olive oil
- 1/2 green or red pepper, diced
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g cooked ham, cut into strips
- 300ml soured cream
- mixed dried herbs
- sea salt and cracked pepper
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Put a pot of cold water to the boil. When your water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until soft and slightly sticky. (I always remove, cool and try a piece.)
- Heat your frying pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- When hot, add pepper and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the mushrooms and ham. (Pepper cooking time depends on whether you like it crunchy or not. I have it slightly crunchy.)
- Cook for a further 3 minutes or so, then start to add the soured cream slowly while mixing it through the ingredients in the pan.
- Once the desired amount of soured cream is added to the pan, heat while gently stirring (try not to let it boil).
- Then add a large pinch of mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and GRADUALLY (to make sure the sauce covers the pasta) add to the pan. (I leave a tiny amount of the pasta water and add that as well. This slightly thins the sauce and also helps to cover the pasta.)
- Mix well and serve.