- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Berry desserts
- Blackberry dessert
This heavenly pavlova is topped with oodles of colourful berries. A light and luscious dessert.
13 people made this
- 8 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar (16 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 pot whipping cream, whipped
- blackberries to garnish
- blueberries to garnish
- strawberries to garnish
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:6hr cooling › Ready in:7hr20min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 2 tablespoons caster sugar at a time, and thoroughly beat until smooth and velvety.
- Add vanilla and vinegar and beat. Add 3 tablespoons boiling water and beat until smooth.
- Cover a baking tray with baking parchment. Spoon the egg mixture into the centre in a heaped circle.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn oven temperature down to low and cook for another 30 minutes. Do not open oven door. Turn oven off and leave until cold or overnight.
- Turn pavlova onto a large plate. Beat cream and spread over pavlova. Add heaps of berries. Enjoy.