- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
I love making these Christmas tree biscuits to get into the Christmas spirit. If you cannot find lime extract, simply omit it from the recipe, or add a tablespoon of grated lime zest.
9 people made this
- 475g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250g butter, softened
- 350g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime extract
- 2 drops green food colouring
- 200g plain chocolate buttons
- coloured hundreds and thousands, to decorate
MethodPrep:2hr ›Cook:7min ›Ready in:2hr7min
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, lime and food colouring.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until fully absorbed. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease baking trays.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough. Cut out shapes using Christmas tree shaped biscuit cutters. Sprinkle the trees with the coloured hundreds and thousands.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, being careful not to burn the edges. Remove from trays to cool on wire racks.
- Once cool, melt the chocolate and dip the tree trunks into the melted chocolate. Leave to harden on wire racks.