- Meat and poultry
- Chicken pasta
- Chicken and mushroom
This is a forgiving recipe, to which you can add and subtract ingredients according to your family's tastes. Use what you have in the fridge.
15 people made this
- 1 cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 large pot double cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- garlic to taste
- basil to taste
- mixed herbs to taste
- 400g pasta sauce of your choice
- 250ml red wine
- 2 boxes cannelloni
- 250ml water
- 500g mozzarella cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 / 160 C fan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, cream, onion, celery, mushrooms, carrot, pepper, garlic, herbs and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix the pasta sauce and wine together.
- Now the fun part - get the kids involved they will love it! Stuff the cannelloni shells with the chicken mix.
- In a large dish, place 1 layer of stuffed cannelloni shells. Pour over water and half of the pasta sauce mix. Add another layer of cannelloni shells pour over remaining sauce mix.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover the dish with foil. Cook for 40 minutes or until the cannelloni is soft.
- I like to uncover the dish for the last 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Serve with salad or chips or just by itself.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (6)
Really enjoyed this first time iv tried doing my own cannelloni. I halved the recipe and ommited the wine. The only complaint I had from the family was that some of the pasta wasnt quiet cooked so in my books it's a winner I just need to practice a bit more. At least I have a new way to use up left over chicken-17 Mar 2013
I have cooked this so many times and we just adore it! We use fresh cannelloni and I just rolled them up. It doesn't take as long to cook!-05 Apr 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Used different ingredients.I didnt have everything so I used what I hadand added different things that I thought would go well with the flavors.-10 May 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)