- Dish type
- Seafood starters
Fresh clams are topped with bacon and chilli butter mixture! Serve with lemon wedges and seafood sauce on the side.
1 person made this
- 4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 red chilli, seeded and minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 rashers bacon
- 24 small clams
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:3min ›Ready in:23min
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, chilli, shallots, black pepper and salt. Form the mixture into a ball shape, and securely wrap with cling film. Place in the freezer approximately 30 minutes, until firm but not solid.
- Preheat the grill. Cook bacon until browned. Cut each slice into 8 pieces.
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add clams and cook for 15 to 20 seconds or until open; drain and rinse.
- Arrange clams on a medium baking tray. Top each with 1 piece of bacon. Distribute equal portions of the butter mixture onto each clam atop the bacon.
- Checking often to avoid burning, grill the clams 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter mixture has melted and bacon is crisp.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (2)
This was excellent. I cut corners by using chopped clams in a 6.5 oz can. This made about 14 clams. (I saved the shells from the restaurant, cleaned and boiled them so I could do it this way). Thanks for the recipe.-22 Jan 2012