- Dish type
- Side dish
- White sauce
A fabulously easy white sauce with some grated cheese for extra flavour. Finishing the sauce in the microwave makes it foolproof.
231 people made this
- 1 heaping tablespoon butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 250ml milk
- 225g grated cheese
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:8min ›Ready in:13min
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and salt, and whisk till combined.
- Add milk. Whisk vigourously until there are no lumps.
- Pour into a glass or ceramic bowl, and microwave for 6 minutes, stopping every 2 minutes to whisk.
- Add cheese. Microwave for a further 2 minutes. Whisk.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(29)
Reviews in English (24)
I have never been able to make cheese sauce and now I am celiac even more difficult. I followed this recipe useing gluten free flour and hey presto brilliant and tasty cheeses sauce.-25 Aug 2014
very easy, kids loved it.-20 Mar 2013
Did this sauce, but added feta cheese, lovely mild tasting sauce. Still lovely and thick. Very nice over pasta.-26 Aug 2014