- Dish type
A basic crêpe recipe which you can fill with whatever you like. I cook them nearly every Sunday morning.
580 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 6 crepes
- 100g (4 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 225ml (8 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
- 1 egg
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:10min
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the milk and egg. Beat well to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the crêpe batter onto the pan, using approximately 60ml (2 fl oz) for each crêpe. Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crêpe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a flexible spatula or fish-slice, flip over and cook the other side. Serve hot with your filling of choice.
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(198)
Reviews in English (149)
Altered ingredient amounts.doubled the sugar amount to make a sweeter pancake-26 Feb 2011
we wanted a sweeter pancake so i doubled the amount of sugar and served with a nice vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce! delicious!!-26 Feb 2011
I added two tea spoons of melted butter to the mixture. I used Tefal frying pan and only wiped it with oil with a piece of tissue every time I wanted to pour the mixture. Since I made these, I'm never satisfied with any other crepes aywhere, not even in classy cafes! Just so good! I use Nutella and banana slices filling, for a big breakfast on special days!-16 Mar 2010