- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Potato salad
This potato salad is so tasty and will have everyone begging you for the recipe! Hard-boiled eggs, mayo, crispy bacon, and desiree potatoes combine for a creamy potato salad that's seasoned with garlic and spring onion.
94 people made this
- 6 eggs
- 2kg desiree potatoes
- 440g mayonnaise
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 8 rashers bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr40min
- Hard boil the eggs by placing in a pot, cover with tap water and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 17 minutes. Cool under running water, crack and leave in fridge covered with cold water for an hour to cool. They should be easy to peel now. Cut into quarters.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes if you wish but the salad works just as well un-peeled. Dice potatoes into 3cm cubes and place in large pot and cover with salted tap water. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes; check regularly, the potatoes should be just cooked, not falling apart. Drain and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This helps to stop the potatoes from falling apart when mixing in the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop spring onions into 5mm pieces, do not use the dark green tops of the onion.
- Fry bacon quickly over high heat so it is browned but not too crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and cut into thin strips.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, onion salt and garlic granules and mix through with the potatoes, eggs, spring onions and bacon.
- Lasts for a few days in the fridge so you can prepare the salad in advance and tastes even better once all the flavours are infused together!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(32)
Reviews in English (33)
lovely! very easy and is easly prepared in advance.-11 Apr 2011
Used the basic recipe, but didn't have spring onions on hand. Fried up some white onions in Olive Oil with a bit of garlic, celery seed and added the bacon. Turned out really well, everyone complimented on it. Easy to prepare and very tasty!-03 Nov 2013
Genius-28 May 2016