- Dish type
- Banana pudding
This is a perfect pudding recipe when you want a fix for your sweet tooth and simply can't wait. A delicately spiced banana sponge pudding that's quick to make and even quicker to eat!
88 people made this
- 60g butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 65g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- good pinch cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons golden syrup
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and stir to combine. Add the banana and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients and beat the mixture until well mixed.
- Fold the golden syrup in gently to create a marbled effect through the pudding batter.
- Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes on full power.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a thick creamy custard.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(8)
Reviews in English (8)
I was after an extremely quick sweet fix, with minimum ingredients and this definitely hit the spot. I'd cook it in a smaller but deep container as it does rise quite a bit when cooking but was quite flat when it came out. It maintained a soft texture and didn't go hard although eaten the next day.-19 Sep 2011
Very tasty. I lessened the sugar slightly and 1 tablespoon less of the golden syrup. Was very nice and not too sweet. Would recommend with a custard.-18 Nov 2014
Very very sweet but a good stodgy pudding. Will use less sugar and syrup next time.-08 Jun 2014