- Dish type
- Ricotta cheesecake
This baked cheese cake is straightforward to make. With a touch of orange and cinnamon, the ricotta also gives a lovely flavour and texture compared to typical cheesecakes made with cream cheese.
29 people made this
- 1 kg ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- zest of 1 orange
- 110g self-raising flour
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Ready in:1hr35min
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3.
- Beat cheese for 10 minutes on high speed, until the cheese is smooth. Add vanilla and juice.
- Add sugar and cinnamon in small bowl, gradually add this to the cheese mixture on a medium speed.
- Add 1 egg at a time, still on medium speed, until each egg addition is completely mixed through.
- Sift flour, add the flour and zest into cheese mixture and gently fold through with a spatula.
- Line a 20cm (8 in) springform cake tin with baking parchment and generously grease with margarine.
- Pour cheese mixture into cake tin, place more mixture in the middle of tin, this allows for the cake when cooled to still have an even top and not sunken in the middle as some cheese cakes do.
- Bake for 75 minutes. Check at this time whether the cake springs up when you have gently touched it in the middle. If not ready, maybe another 10 minutes in the oven.
Serve either warm or cold with orange segments and an orange icing. Orange icing: 4 tablespoons icing sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice, mix thoroughly.
Can use other citrus fruits, substituting the orange but using the same quantaties.
When you line the cake tin, allow for the baking parchment to go over the top on the tin. This allows the cake to bake up the sides which gives you that lovely look of a brown side and the top part (approximately 1cm) bright yellow.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
great and easy recipe. Everyone loves the cinnamon-09 Aug 2013