- Dish type
- Side dish
- Marinades for prawns
These BBQ prawns are sensational! I have always marinated and cooked the prawns with the shell on. This requires the shells being removed prior to eating so make sure you have bowls of water with lemon for people to dip their fingers into.
8 people made this
- 1kg king prawns
- For the marinade
- 125ml soy sauce
- 60ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated root ginger
- black pepper
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Place prawns in a plastic container with a sealed lid and pour the marinade over prawns and stir through.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes. During the 30 minutes shake container to mix the marinade with the prawns.
- Heat BBQ.
- Cook prawns in batches until they turn pink and are slightly blackened. If you overcook the prawns the shells take more effort to remove.
This recipe is messy. It is best served to close family and friends - it is not suitable as finger food or for any fine dining experience.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
This was really delicious and healthy! I stir fried this and added a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce. I served it with stir fried veggies over brown rice. Both me and hubby really enjoyed it!-08 May 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)