- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
This is truly the best chocolate brownie recipe I have ever tasted. Cool the brownies before slicing, though you can warm them up again after slicing and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a crowd-pleasing pud.
62 people made this
- 250g butter
- 4 eggs
- 400g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g cocoa (unsweetened)
- 190g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200g chopped plain chocolate
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt butter. Beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla, and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and chopped chocolate.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- When cool cut into squares and dust with icing sugar, if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(43)
Reviews in English (43)
Something else.I put around another 100g of chopped up milk and white chocolate. Cooked it in a 20cm tin so it needed to cook for 1hr...but it was delicious-01 May 2011
Yummy! Even though I only had 35g of cocoa powder.-17 Oct 2010
Absolutely gorgeous!-30 Jan 2011