We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This is a recipe my mother has used for many years and now I do too! Beef mince combines with onion, cabbage, carrots and rice, seasoned with curry powder and a packet of dried chicken noodle soup. The finishing touch is pineapple!
9 people made this
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 500g mince
- salt and black pepper to taste
- curry powder
- 1 sachet chicken noodle soup (cup soup)
- 200g rice
- 1L hot water
- 1 tin pineapple pieces
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, add chopped onion, cabbage and carrots. Cook until glassy.
- Break up mince and add to this, cook until meat is browned. Add salt and pepper to taste, curry powder, according to taste and the chicken noodle soup (dry). Mix together, sprinkle the rice over the top of the mixture and add the hot water.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until water has been absorbed, stirring occasionally as mixture may stick to bottom.
- Add 1 tin of pineapple after mixture is cooked, and allow to heat through and take up some of the juice allowing the juice to be absorbed.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
I was stuck for something different for dinner and grabbed some ingredients from the cupboard and tried this recipe but substituted mince for meat free mince and added some garlic too my other half ate most of it, it was really tasty, thank you-08 Aug 2013