- Dish type
- Green salad
- Spinach salad
This salad is very simple to prepare and is absolutely delicious! I usually serve this salad with bbq, grilled or pan fried salmon. Please make sure you read the notes in relation to the type of feta to use - it can seriously destroy this salad!
10 people made this
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pumpkin, cubed
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 8 tablespoons pine nut kernels
- 500g baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Place pumpkin in a baking tray with the olive oil and toss to coat the pumpkin in oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes or so toss the pumpkin.
- After 20 minutes turn the oven to 220 C / Gas 7 to ensure the pumpkin is browned and slightly crispy. Approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and dry the baby spinach.
- Place the pine nuts in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until pine nuts are golden (once golden remove to a ceramic dish so the pinenuts do not continue to cook and burn).
- Place baby spinach in a large salad bowl. Add feta and pine nuts. Once pumpkin is ready, add to salad bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- This salad can be served immediately or left to cool. This salad tastes great either way!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (7)
I made this into a pasta salad using pumpkin ravioli and shells - just beautiful. Used rocket and spinach and took the risk and didn't use the South Cape Tasmanian Feta .... yet it was still fab-01 Dec 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)
My family request I make this salad every Christmas. This salad is colourful, simple to make and really delicious! If you make this salad I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!-06 Jan 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)