- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Ginger biscuits
Here is a recipe for ginger biscuits. With a little practice the biscuits can be made very quickly and you'll constantly fill the biscuit tin with these.
184 people made this
- 125g softened margarine or butter
- 125g demerara or dark brown soft sugar
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature )
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 180g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar. They should be beaten together till they resemble the consistency of whipped cream.
- Beat in the egg yolk and syrup.
- Combine the ginger and the flour. Sieve into the butter mixture and fold together gently.
- Spoon walnut sized balls onto the prepared tray, then flatten each slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for about 12-17 minutes or until they are golden brown.
You can use caster sugar instead of demerara or brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (8)
it was a really good bake and easy to do. i love it!-02 Sep 2012
totally cool!-23 Oct 2017
Simple and easy to make thoroughly enjoyed them-01 Feb 2017