- Seafood pasta
- Salmon pasta
A deliciously creamy salmon dish. It suits most palates and is a meal so filling it will save you buying dessert :)
Monmouthshire, Wales, UK
188 people made this
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tub double cream
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 portions quick cook spaghetti pasta
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:13min ›Ready in:18min
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan, then turn the heat to high. (Whilst the butter melts, place a large pan of water on high heat and wait for it to boil.)
- Now put the salmon fillets (skin side down) into the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes, then turn the fillets over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Next, turn the heat down to medium whilst shredding the salmon fillets.
- Once shredded, push the salmon to one side of the pan and season with sprinklings of salt and ground black pepper. In the empty half of the pan melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter (still on medium heat). Once melted, push the shredded salmon into the melted butter.
- The pan of water should now be boiling, add salt to season and then the correct amount of spaghetti as per guidelines on packet and leave for 5 minutes (this only applies to quick cook 5 minute pasta).
- Add 3/4 of the tub of double cream to the salmon in butter and stir until evenly mixed (i.e. until the sauce is one colour, not streaked with cream and butter). More cream may be added to thin the sauce if required.
- Leave the salmon in the sauce for 4 minutes on low heat (simmer). Then drain the pasta and serve onto plates. Serve the salmon and sauce centrally and presto!!! A delicious dish assured to receive compliments to the chef :)
Try adding Parmesan cheese to add even more flavour to this wonderful dish!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(8)
Reviews in English (7)
marvellous! all plates were scraped clean-23 Jun 2010
So simple and easy and fabulous with lots of parmesan melted into it and some lemon zest!!-03 Nov 2013
Made this a few times - delish! one of our favorites!! :-)-28 Jul 2013