We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
- Easy chocolate cakes
This chocolate cake is really quick to prepare and tastes absolutely fantastic. This is a lovely chocolate cake with a fudgy texture.
18 people made this
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons plain flour (if needed)
- Icing sugar for dusting
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Break chocolate into pieces and melt together with the butter in a double boiler. Allow to cool for a short while.
- Stir the sugar, almonds, baking powder, vanilla, salt and finally the eggs into the chocolate-butter mixture. If the mixture is still too watery, you can stir in 2-3 tablespoons of flour.
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 2-3.
- Line the bottom of a 25cm springform tin with baking parchment. Fill the tin with the cake mixture and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. The cake should still be a bit sticky in the centre after cooling.
- If desired, dust the cake with icing sugar before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (3)
I've made this twice already and the whole family go nuts for it. I'm trying it this weekend with mint buttercream andmint dark chocolate on top.-29 Nov 2011
I want to bake the lightning-fast chocolate cake, but I don't have a double boiler and I wonder wether I can just put Butter and chocolate together in a usual cooking pot?Thanks for your help and I am already looking forward to make the cake this weekend!-18 Oct 2012