- Dish type
This classic French dessert is perfect for using fresh, in-season berries. Serve dusted with icing sugar, or a dollop of creme fraiche.
12 people made this
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 175g sugar
- 175g flour
- 150ml milk (more if needed)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 600g mixed berries (such as raspberries, red and black currants, blackberries and blueberries)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Grease a 24-26cm baking dish. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs until fluffy. Gradually add flour, milk and salt, and finally the Cointreau.
- Spread the fruit over the bottom of the baking dish and pour the egg mixture over them. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes on the bottom shelf.