- Dish type
- Side dish
- Marinades for prawns
Inject some intense flavour into your al fresco dishes this summer. Forget boring barbeques and instead tuck into lip licking marinade recipes like this one!
15 people made this
- 4 tablespoons Billington's Molasses Sugar
- 8 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 24 raw tiger prawns in their shells, washed and dried
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:1day marinating › Ready in:1day20min
- Place the molasses and vinegar in a small pan, heat and simmer until slightly syrupy; leave to cool slightly.
- Add the garlic and chilli and 4 tablespoons oil and whisk; leave to cool completely; stir in the coriander.
- Pour half the mix into a shallow dish and add the prawns; toss gently and leave to marinade for 30 minutes
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the prawns for about 5 minutes over a high heat, turning occasionally.
- Reduce heat and cover with a lid for another 3 to 5 minutes, until prawns are pink and cooked through. These prawns could also be cooked on a barbecue.
- Serve the prawns with the remaining marinade served as a dip.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!