- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
A beautiful open tart. Puff pastry is baked to a lovely golden brown with chicken, pesto, cherry tomatoes and spinach.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
129 people made this
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry sheet
- 200 to 250g fresh, skinless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 3 to 4 tablespoons pesto
- 4 to 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g spinach leaves
- beaten egg or milk to glaze
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Unroll pastry sheet onto baking tray. Combine the chicken with the pesto and spread over sheet, leaving a 2.5cm border all round edges.
- Top with halved tomatoes and fresh spinach leaves; use 2 to 3 at a time, scrunched into the gaps between chicken pieces. Brush the border with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the pastry is risen and deep golden. Serve with salad and more spinach if desired.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
Such a simple idea yet so tasty and you can put just about anything on it. I make this regularly with whatever I have to hand.-04 Dec 2011
Wow wow wow! Just made it and it tasted amazing! It was really simple to make, I used tomato pasta sauce, spinach, cheese with the chicken and it was muy bueno-31 Aug 2014
I cut the chicken into strips and marinated it in the pesto before my friends arrived. Super easy, scrummy, made for old school friends get together, minimal prep, perfect!-17 Nov 2013