- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Tomato salad
A nice salad with a bit of heat from fresh chillies - perfect as a side for Mexican dishes or barbecued meats. Dress with your choice of dressing, or with a simple mix of olive oil and vinegar.
33 people made this
- 1 head cos lettuce - rinsed, dried and shredded
- 4 fresh green chillies, seeded and sliced into rings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- handful chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce with chillies, tomatoes, red onion and coriander. Serve.
Use jarred jalapeno chillies instead of fresh green chillies if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (7)
This was not terrible, not great. Decent flavor. I was looking forward to something a little more spicy. Without the seeds, the jalapenos were not hot at all. And since the Anaheim is never hot, it wasn't too spicy. The cilantro gave it the most flavor in my opinion. Served with a Southwestern dressing.-22 Apr 2005
This is a great side to have with a Mexican dinner-- it lightens up all the meat, rice, & beans. I put a little Thousand Island dressing on it...spicy and delicious!-13 Nov 2004
Wow! This is delicious! I followed the recipe to a "T" and I was not disappointed. To give it more "fire" I left the seeds in half of the jalapenos. For dressing, I used "Western Sweet & Smooth" which is made by Wish-Bone. I'll be making this again, well done James!-27 Aug 2007