- Dish type
A quick and easy soup recipe. This is a flexible recipe and other ingredients can be added as-required - you can't really go wrong.
Greater Manchester, England, UK
4 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 Pan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped (optional)
- several sausages (optional)
- 1 beef stock cube, or any flavour
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 or more dried chillies (optional)
- 1 handful macaroni
- 1 tin baked beans or butter beans
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Chop up all the veg.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion and garlic in some oil, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the carrot and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Grill the sausages. Dissolve the stock cube in about 2/3 pint of boiling water.
- Transfer the contents of the frying pan into a large pan, pour the stock in, mix it up, add the tomatoes. If adding chilli(es), they can be crumbled in now.
- Add the macaroni and simmer for a while. Alternatively, you can boil the macaroni in a separate pan earlier and add it at the end.
- If adding sausages, chop them up and add them now. Add the beans and bring the temperature back up. Add white pepper to taste.
- If it's got too gloopy, just add a bit of water to thin it out.
A splash of beer can be chucked in at any stage. Once cooled, it will keep in the fridge for a few days so can be microwaved when needed.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (1)
Altered ingredient amounts.(At step 4, that's 2 thirds of a pint of water, not 2 to 3 pints).-27 May 2010