- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Tomato soup
- Tomato basil soup
Tomatoes, basil, chicken stock and olive oil are chilled together in this cold soup. Perfect for when tomatoes are in season!
26 people made this
- 1.75kg (4 lb) tomatoes, chopped
- good handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 750ml (1 1/4 pints) chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, basil, vinegar and salt. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish and stir in stock.
- Chill in refrigerator until cold, and drizzle olive oil on top just before serving.
Use vegetable stock if you want to make this a vegan dish.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (13)
My husband and I thought this was delicious. I had no garlic salt so I used a teaspoon of salt and added a clove of fresh garlic. Also only 3 lbs of chopped tomatoes. I took someone's suggestion and only drizzled a teaspoon or so of oil on the top instead of the quarter cup. Using chilled ingredients helped. Have already added this to my "frequently used" menus.-15 Jun 2008
I didn't have any garlic salt, so I substituted 2 teaspoons of regular salt and about 2 tablespoons of garlic. I also think I used more basil than the recipe calls for. It was delicious! My roommates loved it so much that they told me I definitely need to make it again!-28 Jun 2006