We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Banana cake
- Banana bread
A good, moist gluten free banana bread. Even better if you keep for 24 hours then slice and spread with butter.
Gloucestershire, England, UK
200 people made this
- 75g (3 oz) butter or margarine
- 175g (6 oz) sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 450g (1 lb) bananas, mashed
- 200g (7 oz) gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 110g (4 oz) chopped mixed nuts
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Ready in:1hr35min
- Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs a one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add bananas and beat again.
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and nuts.
- Put in the prepared tin and bake for about 1 and 1/4 hours at 180 C / Gas 4 until well risen and firm. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Front of roasting oven on grid shelf on floor of oven. After 20 minutes place cold plain shelf on second runners avove and cook for a further 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to simmering oven if brown on top but not cooked in the centre.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (19)
Is this recipe made with self raising GF flour or plain GF flour?-02 Mar 2014
Great recipe. We have 3 lactose intolerant coeliacs in the family, so I adapted the recipe to suit. It was a huge success. Dee-lish!-02 Jan 2014
I loved this recipie.One tip I have is to put foil over the top until the last half hour, it stops it's burning too much on the top.I also added slightly more bananas and some cinnamon.-22 May 2014