- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Courgette side dishes
Fresh herbs are sautéed with garlic in olive oil, then cooked with chickpeas, courgette, mushrooms and tomatoes. Add as many or as few ingredients as you like.
197 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- small handful chopped fresh oregano
- small handful chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large courgette, halved and sliced
- 50g (2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- small handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tomato, chopped
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in oregano, basil, garlic and pepper. Add the chickpeas and courgette, stirring well to coat with oil and herbs. Cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms and coriander, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Place the chopped tomato on top of the mixture. Cover, and let the tomatoes steam for a few minutes, but don't let them get mushy. Serve immediately.
This is great served with rice as a main, and together the chickpeas and rice make for a complete protein.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(206)
Reviews in English (144)
great flavours quick to prepare and make-09 Feb 2012
Not bad at all did use the ginger (as suggested by another reviewer) which gave a lot more punch.I would use this as a side rather than a main. But generally a very nice recipe-19 Oct 2012
Really simple, quite tasty and healthy. Next time I think I will add some chilli or ginger to give a bit more kick to the flavour-08 Oct 2012