- Dish type
- Main course
- Vegetarian curry
This mutter paneer recipe is my children's favourite Indian dish. Serve with rice or naan as a fabulous vegetarian main, or alongside your favourite curry.
12 people made this
- 250g frozen garden peas
- vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 350g paneer
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander for garnish
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Boil the peas for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a bit of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and onions and saute in pan with cumin seeds, turmeric, ground coriander, ginger and garlic.
- Add the yoghurt and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the chilli powder, boiled peas, paneer and salt; cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (4)
I'm great fan of paneer, but this version didn't convince me. It wasn't bad, but it lacked in taste and heat of so many Indian dishes. I'm glad I served it with stronger sauces and dips to make up for taste.-18 Feb 2016