- Dish type
A simple, but delicious recipe!! This is a basic cake, so you can add sultanas, cherries or chocolate chips or anything you like. I usually use lemon essence and sultanas.
Middlesex, England, UK
11 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 Cakes
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Place caster sugar, soft margarine, eggs and flour (or any other dry ingredients to be added now) into a mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients together using either a wooden spoon or electric whisk, until the mixture is smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add any other ingredients e.g. sultanas, cherries or chocolate chips (I usually use Llemon essence and sultanas)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen, spongy and golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Double the amount and added 150g sultanas lovely cakes-20 Jun 2015
Really quick to make and very adaptable for whatever filling needed-17 Oct 2014