- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Banana cake
- Easy banana cake
Ideal for using up bananas that you've kept for a bit too long. Really yummy :-)
Norfolk, England, UK
1631 people made this
- 110g (4 oz) butter or margarine
- 170g (6 oz) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
- 2 large or 3 medium bananas, mashed
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Heat the oven to 180 C / gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the eggs. Stir in the mashed bananas. Finally, mix in the flour.
- Scrape cake mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes, then lower the temperature to 150 C / gas 2 and cook for a further 30 minutes. Try to let it cool (turned out on a rack) before you devour it.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(61)
Reviews in English (61)
I followed the recipe quantities and timings exactly and it was a winner in our house! I used plain flour with 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp bicarbonate and also added dried mixed fruit. Beautiful! Great addition to packed lunch box!-06 Feb 2013
This is a really great cake. Made it loads of times and it's perfect every time. Have added choc chips/walnuts/apricots and sometime all of those things in one cake. Always a success. In fact I am sure my husband brings his bananas home from work just so we can make the cake!Double the recipe and make 2 cakes - just as easy. Freezes well in slices too!!-17 Jan 2013
So easy and delicious,does not last more than a day in my house!-25 Oct 2012