- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Pan fried chicken breasts
This is a dish adopted from the Liguria region of Italy combining chicken with tomatoes and black olives.
21 people made this
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 bottle dry white wine
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 75g (3 oz) black olives, pitted and halved
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film or greaseproof paper. Using a meat tenderising hammer, pound each breast to about 1cm (1/2 in) thick.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Briefly cook chicken breasts in oil, turning to lightly brown both sides. Add garlic and rosemary, and continue cooking until garlic is soft. Pour wine into pan, and cover pan with lid. Bring to a boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and olives to the pan; continue cooking, covered, for approximately 10 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (18)
yummy - simple and easy. i added the tomatoes only minutes before the end of the cook time so they wouldn't turn to mush and rubbed the chicken with salt and pepper before browning.-23 Jan 2010
Absolutely loved this!!!! Served with buttered fettucini pasta. Great flavor. Only addition was some salted butter when sauteeing the chicken breasts. I did flatten the breasts so they would be thinner and cook quicker.-02 Mar 2007
by Dre's Yummies!
Really easy to make and my wife loves it. I use 1/2 black olives and 1/2 green olives for a change. I add the tomoates close to finishing the dish. I just don't like them to be mushy. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe!-06 Apr 2006