- Dish type
- No cook starters
A delicious, no-cook, impressive starter or canapé with smoked Scottish venison.
London, England, UK
3 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 20 canapés
- 200g Rannoch Smokery Cold Smoked Venison
- 200g cream cheese
- 100g fresh rocket
- 75ml (2 1/2 fl oz) double cream
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr10min
- Roughly chop the rocket and mix well with the cream cheese and cream. Season well.
- Lay the slices of smoked venison on a sheet of cling film, overlapping slightly so that the number of slices make the square equivalent to the length of the slices. This may be easiest done as two squares.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom two thirds of the squares and roll into a roulade, pulling back the cling film as you go.
- Chill for a couple of hours then cut into 1cm pieces
Great with red Burgundy.You can buy Rannoch Smokery venison in Waitrose, Harrods, Selfridges, Valvone & Crolla, delis, farm shops and on line at www.rannochsmokery.co.uk