- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is a really easy Italian-style dish featuring chicken and green beans in a simple tomato sauce.
137 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cubed
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- small handful chopped fresh basil
- 450g (1 lb) fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed and steamed
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic oils are released, then add chicken and cook through until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes. Finally, stir in steamed beans and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(130)
Reviews in English (111)
Took shortcuts.I really likes this recipe. It was so easy and very flavourful. I used a bit more basil and garlic and also sauteed the beans in the garlic and oil befoe the chicken so I wouldn't have another pot to wash up. Just take the beans out before you cook the chicken, cover them and add them back in to the pan at the end. So simple!-15 Sep 2008
by infamous qu33n
Something else.I made this the other night and it has become a favourite. I altered it a little by adding the green beans and simmered on low for about 10-15 minutes after you simmer on low for 3-5. It adds an amazing flavour to the green beans.-15 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts.I used half the chicken and twice the garlic as my garlic was getting old and I love garlic. Also added some spring onion and some garlic shoots. Only have frozen beans with carrots so there were carots in here too.My boyfriend loved it. Served it with pan fried potato cubes with onion and a little cheese.-16 Mar 2010