- Dish type
- Loaf cake
- Fruit loaf
- Cherry loaf cake
Quick easy loaf with glace cherries which will go down a treat with everyone, much better than a bought loaf.
Fife, Scotland, UK
63 people made this
- 200g sugar
- 250ml milk
- 2 handfuls raisins
- 110g (4oz) margarine or butter
- 250g self-raising flour
- 110g (4oz) glace cherries, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:55min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Put sugar, milk, raisins and margarine in a pan and bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add flour and cherries and mix well, then add in the eggs and stir well. Place mixture in greased loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (5)
easy to make and tastes great.was a bit concerned when the mixture in the saucepan curdled, but it was fine after the flour was added.used 150g brown sugar and still very sweet so may go lower next time.-21 May 2015
A lovely moist cake and so easy to make - Ive rationed everyone to make it last longer!!-21 Jul 2012
Tastes great. Never made a cake with this method before so wan't sure, especially as it looks pretty gross when it curdles! But it all comes together in the end, will definitely make again.-02 Feb 2017