We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
July 23, 2015
This is the perfect smoothie for a nutritious breakfast on the go.
Thinkstock / DENIO RIGACCI
This is the perfect smoothie for a nutritious breakfast on the go.
Calories Per Serving
- 1 Cup spinach
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Cup frozen mango
- 2 Cups ice
Combine the three ingredients in a blender or food processor with ice and blend or process until smoothie has reached desired texture. Pour and enjoy!
Calories Per Serving138
Folate equivalent (total)40µg10%
Have a question about the nutrition data? Let us know.
Our Lean Green Smoothie Recipe | Xyngular
This Lean Green Protein Smoothie is the perfect fit for you!
With the addition of protein and healthy fats, making it a satisfying and nutritious alternative to the real thing!
Almond Milk is packed with calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Due to its protein content, it is an excellent choice for anyone striving for weight loss. It also helps build strong hearts and muscles.
Kale is a well-known superfood. It is packed with nutrients, such as Vitamins A, K, and C, as well as calcium, manganese, and copper. It is also a prime source of antioxidants, such as quercetin. Antioxidants help to protect your heart, and also have anti-aging and even cancer-preventing properties.
Avocados have a reputation as a healthy fat source. They are a fantastic aid in helping the body absorb fat-soluble nutrients. In addition to healthy fats, they are also a good source of fiber, potassium, and folic acid. Plus, they taste pretty dang good, in all kinds of recipes!
Lean is Xyngular’s proprietary protein shake. It offers a wide array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and digestive enzymes to support your healthy lifestyle*. With only 50 calories per serving, it is the perfect tool in your weight loss or weight maintenance arsenal.
Yeah, we knew you’d see our side of things after that.
Point is, this Lean Green Protein Smoothie is a way to start replacing old habits with better ones, that taste just as awesome and make you feel like busting out a few lines of your favorite song—even if it’s not the same as ours. )
Lean and Clean Green Smoothie
Incorporating more leafy greens into our daily diet isn’t always easy to do. For one, it’s a lot of fiber to consume if your body isn’t use to it, and on top of that, they’re not the easiest vegetable to reinvent as far as meals go. After all, you can only make a salad so many different ways before you find yourself bored.
I originally started to drink green smoothies after reading Kimberly Snyder’s Beauty Detox Solution around a year and half ago. While green smoothies and juices may be everywhere you look, it’s important to remember that not all green drinks are created equal. The difference between green smoothies and green juices is important to note because there are significant differences in the health benefits they offer. With juicing, you are missing out on the fibrous pulp from the skins and flesh of the fruit and vegetables. With a smoothie, that pulp is left intact since the vegetables and fruit are blended in whole form. The fiber in the fruits and vegetables is what makes them so wonderful in cleansing our bodies and keeping us full, so we definitely don’t want to discard it!
When making a green smoothie, it is important to make sure that 70% of your mixture is vegetables and 30% or less is fruit. Even though fruit is a natural sugar, you still don’t want to overdo it. Feel free to switch up your greens and fruits from the recipe posted to make it your own. Often times I will omit the banana and replace it with frozen, unsweetened pineapple chunks for added texture. The only fruits I would not recommend adding to this would be melons of any form since they don’t mix well with the greens, or berries if you want to keep this smoothie (looking) green.
Summary: A delicious way to get your greens in anytime
FREE Green Smoothie Online Class
I lost 56 pounds in a few months with my Green Smoothie Detox. This video shows you how you can do the same. Take my 28 day challenge to drop a whole dress size in one month following this easy plan. Best of all, you'll barely spend any time in the kitchen, and you can even eat on the go if you need to. This detox only contains natural ingredients you can buy locally. These meals are very simple and quick to make, and they still taste delicious. Click here to Watch my FREE video today. (No opt in required)
Blendtec’s latest discount on refurbished blenders is now live! This month, the following deal is available:
30% off the price of refurbished blenders. These blenders are certified refurbished which means they have passed full inspection and meet the stringent standards that Blendtec hold for their machines. With a full 7-year warranty, these discounted reconditioned blenders will perform and delight for many years to come!
Have a healthy day
How To Pack A Smoothie For Lunch At Work Or School
If you want your smoothie to stay cool until lunch, you can choose between blending with ice or frozen ingredients and freezing the mixture prior to consumption.
To pack it for lunch, you can also freeze the thermos itself or thaw the already frozen smoothie before placing it in an insulated and spill-proof lunchbox.
You’ll need a tumbler or thermos that has good insulation to keep your drink cool.
To freeze the smoothie for later use, you can pour it in stackable freezer jars and defrost them before transferring the contents into your tumbler or thermos.
Top 10 Foods for Weight Loss, Fat Burning, and Boosting Metabolism
The following foods are great for adding to smoothies, especially if you’re trying to lose weight, because they add fiber and boost your metabolism. They also give your body a go-to source of energy for physical activity, so blend these up before a workout to give yourself some fuel.
- Nuts and seeds: The fat and protein contained in nuts will provide you slow-release energy throughout the day that also keeps blood sugar stable. Almonds in particular contain arginine, an amino acid that helps strengthen the GI tract. Improved gut function also helps improve function of the liver. When blood sugar is stable, gut health is in check, and your detoxification organs are working smoothly, you have a much easier time shedding weight.
Seeds like flaxseed and chia are fantastic for weight loss, and their fiber is gut-healing as well as filling. My favorite hack for banishing hunger is to drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of chia seeds stirred in. It’s fun to drink, and it fills me up!
- Berries: These fruits hit the sweet spot of being low in sugar and high in fiber, so you get the sweet flavor without the blood sugar spike that can come with more refined foods. Berries help improve circulation, allowing you to better absorb nutrients.
- Leafy greens: As you’ll see in the recipes below, we love our leafy greens as a smoothie base. They add antioxidants and other phytonutrients along with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado: Just like nuts and seeds, the fat in avocado keeps you fuller longer and provides steadier energy throughout the day. It’s also packed with fiber and B vitamins too. Bonus: adding avocado to smoothies makes them nice and creamy, and keeps them from separating.
- Celery: This fibrous vegetable is known for having “negative”calories—that is, you expend more calories eating it than you get from the food itself. That’s a bang for your buck!
- Cacao powder: For a chocolatey green smoothie, you can always add raw cacao powder to the mix, which is a highly concentrated source of antioxidants. For weight loss, their polyphenols help burn fat 2 .
- Green tea: Feel free to get creative with your liquid base for your smoothies, and make them even greener! It doesn’t always have to be milks and water. Green tea has plenty of beneficial antioxidants as well as the compound EGCG, which is known for its metabolism-boosting effects.
- Coconut oil: I love adding nut butters to my smoothies as a source of fat, but sometimes the flavor doesn’t quite fit. Coconut oil is a fairly neutral way to add fat to your recipe without altering the flavor. Plus, its medium-chain triglycerides are more easily digested than other types of fat, giving you a more accessible energy source.
- Cinnamon: Not only does this add a nice flavor to your smoothies, but cinnamon is a detoxifying metabolic booster and helps to stabilize blood sugar. It tastes great with apple- or pear-based smoothies, or in combination with ginger.
- Grapefruit: While the age-old grapefruit diet isn’t likely to get you sustainable weight loss, simply adding this fruit to your regular rotation can help you to more efficiently use the insulin your body produces, thanks to an antioxidant called naringenin.
Are green smoothie recipes healthy?
What we eat can truly transform our bodies and our lives in powerful ways. Especially with this smoothie recipe as I’ve seen in the lives of so many of my friends, family and community online. Blending spinach into a fruit smoothie is a great way to boost your immune system, as well as naturally energize you.
Most smoothies are made with just fruit and liquid, which is high in sugar and can cause inflammation. A green smoothie, on the other hand, is made with fruit, plant-based liquid and leafy greens.
This recipe is full of iron, potassium and vitamins galore— and tastes like a tropical treat from all the island fruit. Yet the best part is how simple as well as quick it is to make! You only need 4 ingredients and all of them can be found at your local grocery store (they don’t cost a fortune either!). As I say all the time— I’m all for making healthy eating affordable so it’s sustainable.
A green smoothie can taste just as good as a regular smoothie, and also have incredible health benefits.
Lean and Green Smoothie - Recipes
If you prefer softer chia seeds, add the seeds and water to the blender and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.
For over 25 years, Fat Flush has helped millions of people lose weight and change their lives for the better. Our easy-to-follow programs incorporate fresh foods and balanced nutrition with healthy lifestyle habits to detoxify and cleanse the body for lasting weight loss.
Fat Flush gives you the tools to get started on your journey to a confident, healthier new you!
† Real life customer experience individual results vary. Weight loss is typical for those who follow the plan. Fat Flushers lose on average 1-5 lbs per week.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: All material provided on this page is for informational or educational purposes only, and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult a qualified health practitioner regarding matters of personal wellbeing.
A Healthy And Delicious Superfood Breakfast
Loaded with superfoods and antioxidants, this recipe is the perfect morning boost and a great low-calorie alternative to creamy lattes and sweetened coffees. Spinach provides your body with fibrous protein, vitamins, and minerals like magnesium and calcium that are essential for good bone health! And if that wasn’t enough, studies done on the contents of this versatile vegetable show that it may lower the risk of cancer, prevent constipation, and aid in digestion.
Kale is extremely high in nutrients and low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the plant. Kale also contains a ton of powerful antioxidants, which work to counteract oxidative damage by free radicals in the body. With all of these awesome health benefits, you can see why we added these powerful greens to our green smoothie recipe !
Best Ingredients for Six-Pack Abs Smoothies
Try to eat healthy, whole, unprocessed foods as often as possible. It’s best to cut back on junk food, sugar and alcohol, and to replace them with lean protein, complex carbs, and nutrient-rich veggies and fruits.
To lose weight and get leaner, it’s important to stay in a calorie deficit. A fitness tracker like a Fitbit or this calorie calculator may help you define your calorie target for each day.
When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s best to keep your calorie deficit small. Try to stay within a 100-500 calories deficit each day. You should also aim for 0.6-1.1 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight to avoid losing muscle mass.
To get the most bang out of your calorie buck, choose foods that are low in calories and high in nutrients. Here’s a list of foods that can help you achieve a lean body and six-pack abs:
- Green Tea – is one of the best beverages you can drink for fat loss and defined six-pack abs. It’s filled with antioxidants that may help you become leaner. The main antioxidant in green tea is called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This compound is believed to help break down fat cells and boost your metabolism. Green tea also contains caffeine. The mild stimulant has been found to not only aid fat loss, but improve your exercise performance as well.
- Berries – are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They’re rich in antioxidants and low in calories. You’ll need plenty of antioxidants if you’re following an intense workout routine. The muscle soreness you experience after workouts is a sign of inflammation. Antioxidants can help you fight inflammation and therefore recover faster. Berries are also a popular choice for people following a low-carb diet. They can even be eaten in small amounts if you’re on a restrictive keto diet.
- Bananas – are great for building six-pack abs, as they contain complex carbs. Clean carbs provide you with the energy you need for intense workouts. Bananas also contain potassium which is important to eliminate water retention in your body.
- Greek Yogurt – non-fat plain Greek yogurt is one of the best foods you can eat for strong six-pack abs. It has twice as much protein and only half the sugar and sodium than regular yogurt. The high protein content can help you feel full longer and stay in a calorie deficit more easily. If you want to add more of this powerful food into your diet, check out these Greek yogurt smoothie recipes.
- Coffee – contains a number of stimulants, the main stimulant being caffeine. Caffeine can help you stay alert and raise your metabolic rate. The higher your metabolic rate, the more calories you’ll burn during your day, and the leaner you can get. This study found that caffeine can increase fat burning by almost 30%! Caffeine in small doses might help you become leaner, but make sure not to overdo it. Too much caffeine can have nasty side effects.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – is a great weight loss food. It contains up to 80% fewer calories than regular dairy milk. It’s best to stay away from sweetened varieties, as these can contain added sugar, more calories, and nasty chemicals. Try to choose organic unsweetened almond milk whenever possible. The fewer ingredients the almond milk has, the better it usually is. You could also make your own almond milk at home, if you have a good blender for nut milk or almond milk juicer.
- Leafy Greens – are your best friend if you want to get leaner. They have the perfect combo for a six-pack diet, as they’re low in calories and high in nutrients. Leafy greens are a great way to boost nutrition without increasing your calories.
- Cayenne Pepper – when you eat spicy, it’ll cause your body’s temperature to rise. You’ll naturally burn more calories. Not only can cayenne pepper increase your metabolism, it also can help with cravings. This study found that people consuming red pepper had less appetite and lost weight. You could cook with cayenne pepper, or simply add powdered cayenne pepper to your smoothies. Always start with a small dose to see how your body reacts.
- Whey Protein Powder – if you’re trying to gain muscles, protein is essential. It provides your body with the fuel it needs to build muscles. It also can help you feel full longer with fewer calories.
- Nuts – are a good source of monounsaturated fats. Not all fats are created equal. Your body needs healthy fats in order to function properly and lose weight. Nuts and other sources of healthy plant-based fats such as avocados and seeds can help you feel more satisfied, making it easier for you to stick to your calorie-reduced diet plan
- Oats – I know some people might disagree, but oats should be on your shopping list. It contains plenty of fiber and complex carbs that keep your energy levels high and help build lean muscle mass.
© 2020 Lose Weight by Eating. All Rights Reserved.
MEDICAL AND GENERAL DISCLAIMER FOR LOSEWEIGHTBYEATING.COM
LoseWeightByEating.com is committed to providing information on natural and alternative health, but is not written by health care professionals. All material provided at LoseWeightByEating.com is for informational purposes only, and is not to be taken as medical advice or recommendation. Any health concern or condition should be addressed by a doctor or other appropriate health care professional. The information and opinions found on this website are written based on the best data available at the time of writing, and are believed to be accurate according to the best discernment of the authors. Those who do not seek council from the appropriate health care authority assume the liability of any injury which may occur. Additionally, the opinions expressed at LoseWeightByEating.com do not represent the views of each and every author or contributor to LoseWeightByEating.com. The publisher of this site is not responsible for any errors or omissions in any content herein.
Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owners of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information we provide.